Intern - Personal Loan Specialist
OneMain takes pride in growing the future of the company by providing Intern Consumer Lending Specialists with a realistic experience working for our customers. Interns in this role are empowered to help provide our customers solutions to best achieve their goals and are rewarded for help growing the business. This is a paid internship that allows the Intern to view the full life-cycle of consumer lending and be part of a successful team.
- Level: Entry/Intern
- Travel: Minimal
- Salary: Starting at $12/hr
What makes a successful Intern–Consumer Lending Specialist at OneMain?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Ambitious 10
- Adaptable 9
- Communicator 8
- Team player 7
- Goal-oriented 6
- Enthusiastic 5
Lending Done Human
As one of the nation's largest consumer finance organizations, OneMain Financial serves more than 1 million customers with personal loans, automobile loans, and other credit-related products. For over 90 years, we've made the One Main promise of friendly, fast and affordable financing, a reality for our customers. "Lending made personal" reflects our commitment to putting our customers first. Our commitment starts with our team members. Our goal is to deliver the best customer experience and empower our customers to take control of their finances, with responsible lending and overall transparency.
Your Impact/About You
OneMain Financial is seeking Talented, Driven, Motivated and Ambitious Interns who are interested in pursuing a career in the consumer finance industry. Our Internship program offers the NEXT step in your early career. As an Intern – Personal Loan Specialist, you will gain valuable, hands-on experience from the best professionals in the business while learning about the financial services industry. OneMain’s internship program is a great opportunity for college students interested in developing leadership, sales and communication skills while in a friendly, fast-paced and highly supportive environment.
In the Role
- Completion of formalized training to develop basic knowledge and skillsets required for success
- Assist customers in making financial decisions to help achieve financial goals
- Business development and full cycle sales of personal loans, automobile loans and other credit related products
- Manage servicing and collections loan activities
- Learn credit underwriting techniques and all facets of direct consumer lending
- Educate customers on the terms/conditions of loan to ensure understanding
- Follow-up on leads from customer inquiries (online or via customer service)
- Ensure all lending procedures comply with company guidelines and meet regulations
- Network within the community to gain referral business
- Current college junior or senior pursuing a business-related degree
- Available full-time during summer months and flexible hours during the Spring and Fall semesters (Typical office hours are Mon, Wed and Fri – 8:30AM to 5:30PM, Tues and Thurs – 10:00AM – 7:00PM and up to 2 Saturdays per month – 9:00AM -12:00PM)
- Motived, goal orientated, and enthusiastic
- Exceptional communication and follow-up skills
Take the first step toward of gaining valuable hands-on experience in the financial services industry while learning from some of the best professionals in the business! Apply Today!
One Main team members benefit from competitive pay and sales driven incentive programs, relocation benefits, health, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, paid time-off, paid volunteer time, tuition reimbursement and much more. Our Team Members work in a collaborative manner to support one another to create a great work environment.