Verification ManagerApply Now Full Job Title: Verification Manager Job Number: R2108-26867 Location: Tempe, Arizona Date Posted: 09/15/2021
The Verifications Manager will be responsible for managing a team of verifications specialists who provide accurate and timely investigation of sub-prime consumer loan applications. Ensure that critical loan approval stipulations are addressed, resolved, and meet company policies. Identify and escalate complex issues as they are identified. Support both a Centralized Sales operation and a dispersed network of 1,400 Branch Offices.
Responsibilities and accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead, direct and prioritize verifications, Income helpdesk/validations, I loan and partner with other site managers in an effort to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Act as a liaison between multiple internal departments and/or external customers and vendors; requires strong written and verbal communications.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of OneMain’s policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws.
- Ensure employees adhere to company policies and legal regulations
- Set performance goals and project deadlines that align with the company’s larger plans
- Conduct performance reviews, motivate team members and create strategies to boost productivity
- Comprehensive understanding of verification workflow.
- Provide escalation support on complex issues between the Branch Service Group, Centralized Underwriting, Sales, Verifications, Titles and/or other Centralized support teams and external vendors.
- Maintaining proper work schedules to support your department of responsibilities.
- Reviewing, auditing, and formalizing monthly audits on departmental inventories and processes.
- Identify anomalies or complex issues and decisively escalate to provide a timely and seamless transition within the process.
- Act as a liaison between multiple internal and external customers and/or vendors. This will include written and verbal communication with Centralized Sales team members and leaders, Underwriting and Branch personnel and leadership teams.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase efficient and effective loan stipulation verifications
- Identify process related risks and offer suggestions on potential controls to mitigate risks.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years verifications specialist experience
- 1-2 years management/leadership experience
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) preferred
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- High level of motivation to deliver results preferred
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results in a team-based environment preferred
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships preferred
- History of using sound reasoning and exercising good judgment preferred
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.