Verification ManagerApply Now Full Job Title: Verification Manager Job Number: R2201-29022 Location: Tempe, Arizona Date Posted: 01/14/2022
The Verifications Manager will be responsible for managing a team of verifications specialists who provide accurate and timely investigation of sub-prime consumer loan applications. Ensure that critical loan approval stipulations are addressed, resolved, and meet company policies. Identify and escalate complex issues as they are identified. Support both a Centralized Sales operation, vehicle and recreation vehicle purchases, and a dispersed network of Branch Offices.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, a trusted name in lending for over 100 years. Since 2005 alone, we have looked beyond customers credit scores to lend more than $152 billion to 16.2 million people looking for simple, affordable loans. With branches across 44 states, we're proud partners of the families and communities we serve. They turn to us to help meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills and auto purchases. It’s all about doing the right thing – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Responsibilities and accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Act as a liaison between multiple internal departments and/or external customers and vendors; requires strong written and verbal communications.
- Ensure loan stipulations meet state specific guidelines for both vehicle and recreation vehicle purchases including but not limited to purchase orders, title and UCC requirements, document fees and warranties.
- Support Dealer status updates to expedite verification to meet scheduled loan closing, this will include written and verbal communication.
- Comprehensively understand verification workflow to expedite exceptions and defects requiring partner support
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of OneMain’s policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws.
- Set performance goals and project deadlines that align with the company’s larger plans
- Conduct performance reviews, motivate team members and create strategies to boost productivity
- Provide escalation support on complex issues between the Branch Service Group, Centralized Underwriting, Sales, Verifications, Titles and/or other Centralized support teams and external vendors.
- Maintaining proper work schedules to support your department of responsibilities.
- Reviewing, auditing, and formalizing monthly audits on departmental inventories and processes.
- Identify anomalies or complex issues and decisively escalate to provide a timely and seamless transition within the process.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase efficient and effective loan stipulation verifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years verifications, dealer verifications experience
- 1-2 years management/leadership experience
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) preferred
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- High level of motivation to deliver results preferred
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results in a team-based environment preferred
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships preferred
- History of using sound reasoning and exercising good judgment preferred
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That is why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.