VP/Director of Government RelationsApply Now Full Job Title: VP/Director of Government Relations Job Number: R2206-31832 Location: Utah Date Posted: 06/23/2022
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at nearly 1,400 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Vice President/Director of Government Relations
The purpose of the government relations is to present the company views to state and national legislators and promoting a better understanding of our business with the opinion forming portion of the business community through direct and personal contact.
- Represent and advocate for OneMain in front of regulators, legislators, and other key policymakers and constituencies.
- Effectively track legislation, regulations, and trends that impact OneMain.
- Develop and execute strategies to effect legislation and regulation that impacts OneMain
- Secure and maintain a positive relationship with both the Democratic and Republican caucus and the chairman of committees that hear legislation on lending and insurance issues.
- Secure and maintain a positive relationship with the Commissioner of Banking and the Commissioner of Insurance and the staff people in each department assigned to regulate our particular type of business.
- Control the State Financial Services Association direction by being the FSA spokesman, where possible, on legislative and regulatory committees, Executive committees, and FSA board memberships.
- Prepare annual expense budgets with sufficient money allocated to carry out the job in a cost effective manner.
- Creativity in the analysis of problems and in finding solutions to them in “hands on” situations.
- Must be able to meet and influence people in social, business, and legislative areas.
- Stay up with current events, ability to read rapidly and grasp ideas quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in government affairs or related field
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.