Director of Market ResearchApply Now Full Job Title: Director of Market Research Job Number: R1908-14680 Location: Wilmington, Delaware Date Posted: 09/27/2019
OneMain, the largest non-bank lender in the United States, has been helping consumers take care of life’s expenses through personal loans for over 100 years. This individual will have a key role in supporting our growth and transformation, conducting and optimizing market research including brand and segmentation studies, customer satisfaction, voice of the customer and competitive intelligence - leveraging primary and secondary research, as needed.
- Lead the processes to generate customer research insights to inform innovation and strategy across the entire enterprise.
- Establish market and consumer research best practices and work with all teams to generate findings and translate them into innovation roadmaps, projects and business strategies
- Translate market and consumer research data into strategic insights and actionable business solutions used to drive strategic decision-making across business lines and enterprise.
- Lead the competitive intelligence processes via primary, secondary and syndicated resources.
- Perform in-depth analyses to extract research findings and provide feedback of certain consumer trends to allow continuous business growth and improvement.
- Develop, produce, and maintain critical VOC reports and dashboards for Marketing group and other parts of the organization. Provide interpretation of critical research metrics to support key business questions.
- Develop fact base and recommendations for critical issues and approach analytical problems with an appropriate balance of mathematical precision and practical business intuition.
- Explore new ways to visualize data through reports and dashboards to provide proactive business solutions and competitive analysis.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Build and manage a team of research professionals.
- Handle the flow of reporting and analytic requests from partners, establishing priorities, and setting expectations, and delivering against those priorities.
- Manage all tasks and resources required to complete projects on time.
- Employ business-oriented mindset.
- Bring a creative approach to problem solving and be comfortable to think outside the traditional process.
- Champion data-driven decision-making based upon solid market and consumer research
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred but not required)
- 15+ years of experience in market and consumer research.
- 10+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project and people management skills; ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with managers across the business and drive results through influence
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables
- Experience in non-prime lending products.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.