Project ManagerApply Now Full Job Title: Project Manager Job Number: R2108-26976 Location: Wilmington, Delaware; Baltimore, Maryland; Evansville, Indiana Date Posted: 08/30/2021
WHO WE ARE
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, a trusted name in lending for over 100 years. Since 2005 alone, we have looked beyond customers credit scores to lend more than $152 billion to 16.2 million people looking for simple, affordable loans.
With branches across 44 states, we're proud partners of the families and communities we serve. They turn to us to help meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills and auto purchases. It’s all about doing the right thing – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our growing Operations team. This individual will be responsible for concurrently managing complex projects, focused on the implementation of business transformation projects and solutions to support business initiatives. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, outgoing, and enthusiastic. They will thrive on learning new things while proactively identifying innovative solutions to business problems.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to structure solutions to thorny problems, lead and influence cross-functional project teams, and achieve results on complex processes or projects across the end-to-end project cycle. They will gain knowledge to suggest new answers to old questions and continue experimenting to find better ways to provide information delivery throughout the company. In addition, this candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to partner with the leadership team and develop solutions that are executable and meaningful in practice.
- Maintain and drive completion of a backlog of action items in a timely and thorough manner
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
- Manage small to medium sized projects or significant portions of large complex projects, utilizing established project tools and methodologies, with minimal guidance.
- Develop and manage comprehensive project plans and associated project documents.
- Proactively address changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Coordinate resources (team members, equipment and consultants) across multiple projects and departments.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Compile and report project status across the organization.
- Manage vendor selection process and coordinate vendor efforts throughout the project.
- Partner with business and technology to manage delivery for demand management functions.
- Coach, train, mentor, and direct the work of less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years of Project Management experience; ideally in financial services
- Highly motivated self-starter with proficiency in managing competing priorities
- Demonstrated understanding of the flexibility required in real world implementations
- Able to conform to shifting priorities and demands through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to work on cross-functional, inter-department project teams with tight deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, to handle concurrent projects
- Excellent communication skills and experience interacting with business and technical individuals at all levels
- Technical background, strong computer skills, and experience with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Governance, demand management, release management, or capacity planning experience (a plus)
- Strong presentation skills and experience delivering training (a plus)
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
• Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
• Up to 4% matching 401(k)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Continuing education
• Bonus eligible
• Paid time off
• Paid volunteer time
• And more
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.