Quantitative Analyst Lead - Credit & PricingApply Now Full Job Title: Quantitative Analyst Lead - Credit & Pricing Job Number: R1910-15889 Location: Wilmington, Delaware Date Posted: 10/18/2019
As the largest non-bank lender in the United States, OneMain is a leading, publicly traded, and America’s premier consumer finance company. Our company provides personal loans, insurance, and other related financial products to millions of consumers in communities across the country. "Lending Done Human" reflects our commitment to putting customers first. For over one hundred years, we've made the OneMain promise of friendly, fast and affordable financing a reality for our customers.
We’ve developed internet lending capability and grown to 1600 branches in 44 states with more than 10,000 employees, not only through our commitment to our customers, but by attracting great employees and recognizing that our people are our greatest asset. We offer an opportunity to work in a collaborative and inclusive environment with people who value hard work and fresh ideas, and support employee’s learning and development.
About This Role
This role will have exciting opportunity to learn and drive significant business results through optimizing our credit risk underwriting and pricing strategies. These strategies include, but not limited to, approval/decline, loan amount assignment, term, pricing, and risk appetite framework optimization to drive healthy revenue growth, loss mitigation, and streamlining of processes in support of better profitability and healthy lending portfolio.
We are looking for new team members who are excited about creating, designing and implementing new and better solutions to our business challenges with limited supervision. This role will have chance to pull the data, conduct deep analysis and investigation, apply critical thinking skills, draw insights from their work and leverage general business acumen to understand the customer behavior and develop profitable business strategies in a timely and accurate manner. The successful candidate will be able to summarizes their work and communicates effectively to management.
Working with various partners, the role will also have responsibilities of reporting, strategy implementation, strategy validation and ad-hoc analyses including customer segmentation, competitive analysis, sensitivity analysis and modeling, and performance read.
A successful candidate will expand their competencies and grow their business and industry acumen, as well as demonstrate the ability to work on complex processes or projects across the end-to-end project cycle. They will gain knowledge to suggest new answers to old questions, develop insights and push the traditional boundaries of the lending industry.
- Under your manager’s limited guidance, you will design, recommend, document and execute consumer credit underwriting and pricing strategies via extracting and analyzing requisite historical customer performance data from multiple disparate systems.
- Utilize data query tools (i.e., R, SAS, SQL, MATLAB, Python) and decision tree analytical software to develop, test and execute new strategies.
- Leverage traditional regression model and machine learning algorithm to understand the key drivers and estimate customer behaviors by different strategy treatment
- Drive profitable business growth via developing strategy optimization framework with full credit-cycle view
- Implement Quality Control processes to ensure data accuracy.
- Continually enhance existing processes and reporting through automation, quality control, presentation and insights.
- Effectively summarize and present results and insights to management.
- Bachelor Degree (Graduate Preferred) in a quantitative discipline, such as Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Business Management or Computer Science is preferred.
- Four years of experience in complex, data-driven problem solving. Master’s or PHD degrees may offset experience.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.