Vice President, Direct Marketing AnalyticsApply Now Full Job Title: Vice President, Direct Marketing Analytics Job Number: R1905-12439 Location: Wilmington, Delaware Date Posted: 05/06/2019
OneMain has been helping consumers take care of life’s expenses through personal loans for over 100 years. We’ve grown to 10,000 employees in 44 states, and we are consistently seeking ways to innovate and better reach our customers. The Vice President/Managing Director of Direct Marketing Analytics will possess the analytics background and strategic acumen to direct a function that draws strategic insights from data using database and statistical analysis tools. These insights will inform business leaders in their decisions and support the company’s overarching strategic goals relative to direct marketing channels, including direct mail and live channels.
The individual should have the leadership experience to build and refine an analytics team, the proficiency in statistical analysis to support these initiatives and improve reporting capabilities, and the business acumen to apply the results and suggest insights in conjunction with, or in support of business stakeholders.
He or she will combine these skills to create strategies designed to optimize acquisition strategies in support of OneMain's strategic priorities.
A successful candidate will grow their strategic professional competencies by contributing to the innovation, creation, and launch of value-adding insights and data strategies that uniquely leverage the vast amount of data resources to which OneMain has access. A successful candidate will come up with new answers to old questions, develop insights, and push the traditional boundaries of the lending industry.
- Build and develop an analytics team that will use analytic tools (i.e. SAS, SQL, MATLAB, Python, R) to build, test, evaluate, and maintain robust data analysis and reporting for marketing teams to make timely, informed decisions; lead this team and apply hands-on experience in data analysis and statistical modeling.
- Develop tests and pilots and oversee the overall quantitative testing strategy for direct marketing channels.
- Analyze data and create and validate assumptions that feed into volume growth and profitability strategies.
- Draw conclusions by making recommendations for developing or modifying existing strategies.
- Direct an analytics organization and guide and evaluate its development and performance.
- Direct development of queries, pulling of data, and assembling of reports leveraging best practices.
- Continually enhance existing reports.
- Recommend solutions to business leaders in response to business problems and opportunities.
- Stay abreast of company strategy and recommend enhancements in response to that strategy and industry best practices.
- Guide cross-functional teams.
- 4-year college degree (OR related work experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Business Management or Computer Science is preferred
- Advanced degree strongly desired
- At least ten years of experience in complex, data-driven problem solving
- At least six years of experience in direct marketing analysis
- At least four years of management experience (experience directing a larger function strongly preferred)
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.