Vice President / Director (VP/D) - Direct Mail Marketing AnalyticsApply Now Full Job Title: Vice President / Director (VP/D) - Direct Mail Marketing Analytics Job Number: R2301-35291 Location: Wilmington, Delaware; Baltimore, Maryland Date Posted: 01/27/2023
Position: Vice President / Director (VP/D) - Direct Mail Marketing Analytics
Location: Wilmington, DE (Hybrid)
OneMain Financial is the nation’s leading direct mailer for sub-prime and near-prime personal loans. As such, our direct mail (“DM”) marketing program is highly analytical and requires a large amount of strategic oversight. This Director role will be at the forefront of our DM strategy development, and will oversee execution of the day-to-day processes that enable OneMain to profitably market in our largest channel.
In the Role
The successful candidate will combine the skills of a strategic thinker and a thorough day-to-day execution manager. On the strategy front, this person will continuously look out for opportunities to optimize and grow the channel and present insights and recommendations up to C-level executives. On the execution side, they will be able to manage multiple workstreams with a high attention to detail. Ability to partner well with peers and senior leaders outside of analytics within our marketing team is a must, as our marketing analytics organization does not operate in a silo.
- Lead and develop an analytics team whose primary function is to manage a monthly DM investment decision process that maximizes both response and NPV.
- Build a deep understanding of our end-to-end mail execution process that involves multiple teams (Campaign Execution, Credit, Marketing, etc.) and how we capture DM response data within our prospect database that feeds future insights, and execute this process on a monthly basis with minimum errors.
- Build a strategic understanding of the key levers that can be used to improve and/or expand the program, and build/execute a learning agenda to help accomplish these strategic objectives. Examples include develop tests around mail cadence, segmentation of prospects, incorporation of new data sources, etc., and partnering with the core Marketing Team to support our ongoing A/B creative testing process.
- Re-evaluate and improve our holdout strategies that allow for measurement of the mail channel’s incremental contribution to the overall business.
- Analyze cross-channel interactions i.e., how DM influences other marketing channels and other channels’ impact to DM.
- Build deep expertise in our DM Targeting models, partner with Data Science team to continuously improve our targeting efficiency.
- Understand the reporting needs of the business and enhance / streamline reports where necessary.
- Monitor and report on the broader macro-environment for personal lending, specifically other lenders behavior in Direct Mail through competitive intelligence. Use those insights to inform our own DM decision making.
Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Business Management, or Computer Science (advanced degree strongly desired) and at least ten (10) years of experience in directly related field.
- Thorough understanding of how DM marketing campaigns are designed and executed, from identifying prospects to be mailed in our prospect database, culminating in sending out marketing solicitations through our print vendors. Experience quickly developing a deep understanding of end-to-end DM processes and bring new insights to challenge and improve those processes.
- At least seven years of experience in direct marketing analysis
- At least five years of management experience, specifically managing a Direct Mail Analytics function with P&L oversight / ownership
- A thorough understanding of the applicable laws and regulations that govern Direct Mail loan solicitations
- Current experience using SQL / SAS to pull data that feeds our decision making / reporting
- Experience using bureau data and non-bureau data within a prospect database solution (i.e., Acxiom)
Who we Are
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the leader in offering nonprime customers responsible access to credit and is dedicated to improving the financial well-being of hardworking Americans. Since 1912, we’ve looked beyond credit scores to help people get the money they need today and reach their goals for tomorrow. Our growing suite of personal loans, credit cards and other products help people borrow better and work toward a brighter future.
Driven collaborators and innovators, our team thrives on transformative digital thinking, customer-first energy and flexible work arrangements that grow lives, careers and our company. At every level, we’re committed to an inclusive culture, career development and impacting the communities where we live and work. Getting people to a better place has made us a better company for over a century. There’s never been a better time to shine with OneMain.
Because team members at their best means OneMain at our best, we provide opportunities and benefits that make their health and careers a priority. That’s why we’ve packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-time employees with:
- Health and wellbeing options including medical, prescription, dental, vision, hearing, accident, hospital indemnity, and life insurances
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (10% share discount)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (15 days vacation per year, plus 2 personal days, prorated based on start date)
- Paid sick leave as determined by state or local ordinance, prorated based on start date
- Paid holidays (7 days per year, based on start date)
- Paid volunteer time (3 days per year, prorated based on start date)
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.