Vice President/Managing Director, Collections Strategy AnalyticsApply Now Full Job Title: Vice President/Managing Director, Collections Strategy Analytics Job Number: R1907-14213 Location: Wilmington, Delaware Date Posted: 07/31/2019
The Vice President/Managing Director of Collections Analytics will possess the analytics background and strategic acumen to direct a function that draws strategic insights from data using database and statistical analysis tools to inform business leaders in their decisions and support the company’s overarching strategic goals relative to loss prevention. The individual should have the proficiency in statistical analysis to support these initiatives and improve reporting capabilities, coupled with the business acumen to apply the results and suggest insights in conjunction with, or in support of business stakeholders. Ideally, this candidate will have experience in strategy analytics, meaning drawing business insights from data and applying critical thinking in support of business goals.
He or she will combine these skills to create strategies designed to optimize collections strategies and streamline processes in support of OneMain's strategic priorities.
A successful candidate will grow their strategic professional competencies by contributing to the innovation, creation, and launch of value-adding insights and data strategies that uniquely leverage the vast amount of data resources to which OneMain has access. A successful candidate will come up with new answers to old questions, develop insights, and push the traditional boundaries of the lending industry.
- Utilize analytic tools (i.e. SAS, SQL, MATLAB, Python, and Open Source tools such as R is a plus) data query tools to build, test, evaluate, and maintain robust data analysis and reporting for collections teams to make timely, informed decisions.
- Develop tests and pilots and oversee the overall quantitative testing strategy for collections.
- Analyze data and create and validate assumptions that feed into volume growth and profitability strategies.
- Data and analytical support of incentive programs, ensuring programs are driving desired behaviors.
- Draw conclusions by making recommendations for developing or modifying existing strategies.
- Direct an analytics organization and guide and evaluate its development and performance.
- Direct development of queries, pulling of data, and assembling of reports leveraging best practices.
- Continually enhance existing reports.
- Recommend solutions to business leaders in response to business problems and opportunities.
- Stay abreast of company strategy and recommend enhancements in response to that strategy and industry best practices.
- Guide cross-functional teams.
- 4-year college degree (OR related work experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Business Management or Computer Science is preferred
- At least ten years of experience in complex, data-driven problem solving
- At least four years of management experience (experience directing a function strongly preferred)
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.