Vice President, New Customer AcquisitionApply Now Full Job Title: Vice President, New Customer Acquisition Job Number: R1908-14651 Location: Wilmington, Delaware Date Posted: 08/22/2019
OneMain, the largest non-bank lender in the United States, has been helping consumers take care of life’s expenses through personal loans for over 100 years. One Main acquires 280m new customers through direct mail on an annual basis – direct mail is a key acquisition tool. The Vice President, New Customer Acquisition is responsible for delivering the annual new and former customer unit target. This leader will think and act like a General Manager – building strategies and tactics to make mail more effective, be the subject matter expert on personal loan competitors and how they use direct mail. Innovating campaign, approaches, targeting, messaging, cadence – all aspects of direct mail by working collaboratively with the VP Creative, Analytics and Email teams is a key tenant of success. New customer acquisition is core to the financial and strategic goals of our organization – constant focus on unit growth trends and performance is a cornerstone of this role.
In this role, you will lead, develop and design an industry leading new (and former) customer acquisition strategy.
- Deliver new customer unit goals
- Build extensive knowledge of market and competitive dynamics around new customer acquisition tactics
- Deep understanding of the customer journey, decision criteria and fall out opportunities – applying insights into new mail innovations
- Tasked with building direct mail strategies specifically targeted toward Prospects (cadence, targeting, campaign structures and customer targets)
- Role will be the SME on trends, customer segment changes, competitive acquisition tactics and deliver new unit growth at or above forecast
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, legal, compliance, engineering and business development to produce and execute Direct Mail campaigns in the financial services space
- Work collaboratively with the Analytics team to analyze program performance, and executing on analysis to ensure channel KPIs are being met/exceeded
- Utilize ongoing performance analytics of Prospect Direct Marketing Campaigns to optimize and improve campaign strategy
- As the SME on new customers; innovate testing strategies, benchmarks and reporting – seeing the big picture as well as the very detailed response data. Ability to stay grounded in the details as well as come up to lead overall vision.
- Assess and recommend business cases for channels and strategies to maximize profitability with a focus on best practices and compliance
- Ability to run the mail channel as a true revenue channel – thinking about spend as a P&L, laser focus on unit growth and profitability.
- 10+ years of experience leading complex, large scale direct response organizations
- Proven track record driving growth in financial services
- Direct mail expert
- Leadership style and acumen of a General Manager
- Data-driven and can turn insights into actionable growth initiatives.
- Strong experience with A/B testing platforms.
- Deep understanding of the relationship direct mail has with other marketing and channels (specifically affiliates and comparison ecosystems)
- Proven experience building high performing teams
- Proven experience creating followership – effective presence, ability to convey complex ideas simply and lead key stakeholders through challenging decisions.
- Experience with industry leading list providers, data providers and direct response agencies
- Strong analytical skills are a must
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree a plus
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.