VP/D Point of SaleApply Now Full Job Title: VP/D Point of Sale Job Number: R2109-27557 Location: Wilmington, Delaware; New York, New York Date Posted: 11/04/2021
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable, and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
As a key leader on the new Point of Sale business, the Vice President / Director of Point of Sale will be responsible for driving business results in a significant amount of white space as we create a new business for OneMain. This role will report directly to the SMD/Head of POS Lending with visibility across the C-suite at OneMain.
Areas of focus will include product development, product management, customer experience, development and execution of new external partnership deals, as well as interacting with partner teams in credit, operations, and technology to drive exceptional customer outcomes and material financial impacts.
This individual will translate strategic priorities into a set of workstreams for the team, and also then execute by leading a cross-functional team --most often creating from scratch. This individual should have the ability to represent the company and engage with key business stakeholders, suppliers, and external partners.
This individual’s skills enable them to be versatile. They can be successful leading various types of functions or initiatives across multiple disciplines of our business representing a blend of analytics, results drive, and general business management. They bring new ways of thinking, strong problem-solving, and exceptional teamwork to our business.
A successful candidate will expand their competencies and grow their business and industry acumen, as well as demonstrate the ability to work on complex processes or projects across the end-to-end project cycle. They will gain knowledge to suggest new answers to old questions, develop insights and push the traditional boundaries of the lending industry as technology now enables bringing our lending solutions closer to the customer at the point of sale.
- Work with POS team to develop lending strategies and partner opportunities in the POS space
- Manage POS lending products to balance credit, profitability, and market needs; this includes tight partnerships with internal groups to learn best practices and design custom solutions (credit, data & modeling, operations, technology)
- Work with cross-functional teams to launch new partnerships and lending strategies
- Oversee POS lending partnerships: volumes, execution, innovation, contracts, relationships, P&L
- Partner with other leaders to define business priorities, align talent and resources and communicate progress to executive management
- Draw conclusions and influence at all levels of the organization
- Organization development - hiring, developing and leading the efforts of others
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Business Management or Computer Science)
- 7+ years of experience in financial services; Master’s or PHD degrees may offset experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience preferred, building and prioritizing teams and objectives based on company strategy
- Advanced analytical skillset and ability to deliver compelling presentations to influence a wide range of roles and levels
- Familiarity with credit, data & modeling, and customer experience work involving technology and operations
- Innovative and capable of developing creative solutions to complex business problems
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligibility
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.